BEWDLEY RC REGATTA
SATURDAY 27TH AND
SUNDAY 28TH JULY
Bewdley Regatta 27th & 28th July 2019
We accept entries for all sweep oar and sculling events senior, junior and master for men and women.
We are running the successful Sprint Eights again this year, which is open to any eight (not suitable for juniors or novices) to race over 200m for the chance to win cash for your club. This event does not count towards doubling up, it is run separate at lunchtime on the Saturday of the regatta and this year we are running two separate events; one for women and one for men. See further down the page for more information. Friday night the bar is open, Saturday night we have disco for all those coming to stop over. We have free camping close to the club, or for a family (more quieter) option there is a campsite about 2 miles away from the club.
If you are visiting for the day, or rowing one day and staying the next, then why not look at becoming a sponsor and watching the racing from the comfort of our President’s Enclosure located on the roof of the clubhouse, with carpeted marquees, astroturfed outdoor seating, and plenty of room for everyone. If this wasn’t enough to tempt you, perhaps the offer of complimentary drinks all day and a lavish buffet lunch served by Yvonne and her team may do it.
Documents for Download
We have the following documents for download that should help you organise your weekend
- Regatta Poster
- Course Map
- Location Map Showing Car Parks
- Circulation Pattern
- Regatta Welfare Plan
- Regatta Safety Plan
- Regatta Risk Assessment
- Regatta Programme
- Boat Pairing Requirements
The Regatta will be working under the competition framework Entries must be submitted and paid for using the British Rowing Online Regatta Entry 2 (BROE2) system Please note: Only paid up entrants, will be accepted, crews who have not paid when entries close will not be in the draw. Any entries withdrawn after 12:00 on Saturday 20th July will not be refunded.
Please read all Rules for Entry at the bottom of this page.
Please note that as part of our Regatta Welfare Plan, all Junior Crew entries must be submitted with a current and accurate mobile phone number for their coach.
As part our Welfare and Safeguarding policy is the requirement for an onsite point of contact for all Junior competitors from each club. This is only to be used in the event any safeguarding issues arise with a clubs’ junior competitor(s).
Please download and complete this safeguarding contact form and hand it in at registration on the day.
We have two campsites arranged for those who are planning to stay overnight; Senior Camping and Family/Junior Camping.
Friday night the bar is open, Saturday night we have disco for all those coming to stop over.
Family & Junior Camping
For those looking for quieter Family & Junior orientated camping Hopley's campsite is just 5 minutes drive from the club. Those wishing to camp at Hopley’s should make arrangements directly with them, and all their details are on their website.
Please note this is a family campsite so anyone who is planning to stay here must be mindful of other campers, and there is to be no late night socialising at this site.
Senior / Lively Camping
We have our main campsite which is located a few 100 yards up-river from the club and is free. This will be patrolled by security all Saturday evening through to 6am Sunday morning so it will be a safe environment.
Although it is a patrolled campsite, campers should make their own security arrangements for their belongings and they should expect higher noise levels during the evening as this site is for those wishing to socialise later into the evening.
Camping Car Parking
For everyone camping at Hopley’s we have organised a “Park and Walk” car parking facility at Bewdley High School which just a few minutes walk from the Club. When coming to the club on the morning you can drop everyone off at the top of the club’s lane and then park at the school (scroll down for directions to Bewdley High School).
The Mug House Sprint Eights
Sponsored by The Mug House
The winners of the 2018 men’s event were Warwick Boat Club The winners of the 2018 women’s event were Worcester Rowing Club
Racing doesn’t get more exciting than 2 eights side-by-side battling it out for bragging rights!
We run two separate events for men and women.
And now, thanks to The Mug House there is prize money of £250 for the club of each winning crew! That’s for just 40 seconds of rowing – now that’s something worth racing for!
Entries for this exciting new event are now open. Please see the Mug House Sprint Eights event page for more details.
Other than the public car parks in Bewdley we have limited car parking for those staying at the Senior Campsite and we have also arranged with the local school to use their grounds as a “Park and Walk”. There is plenty of room here, the parking charges are far less than the public car parks and it is only 5 minutes from the club.
Stourport Road, Wribbenhall, Bewdley, Worcestershire DY12 1BL 01299 403277
Bewdley Regatta - Rules of Entry:
The Rules of Entry for 2019 were published on 13th June 2019.
- Bewdley Regatta complies with the British Rowing Rules of Racing
- Entries will open at 12:00 on Thursday 13th June 2019.
- Entries will close at 12:00 on Saturday 20th July 2019.
- Entries must be submitted, and paid for, using the British Rowing Online Regatta Entry 2 (BROE2) system. No other method of entry or payment will be accepted.
- Entry fees are £10.00 per seat.
- Only fully paid up entrants, as identified by BROE2, will be accepted, crews who have not paid when entries close will not be in the draw.
- Any unpaid entries will be rejected at the closing date.
- Entries withdrawn after 12:00 on Saturday 20th July will not be refunded.
- Saturday’s races will be held over the 800m downstream course with a free start.
- Sunday’s races will be held over the 600m downstream course with a free start.
- Events on offer are listed on the poster.
- Events are subject to being split into bands based on a crew’s Ranking Index if number of entries deem it appropriate. Where banding is applied we stipulate no more than 8 crews per band.
- The draw will take place at BRC, on Sunday 21st July.
- The British Rowing hadicap system will be used for masters events on the Saturday only.
- To keep the competition on time, we will start all races at their scheduled time. By entering, crews accept responsibility for being at the start in time for their race and understand that if they’re late, the race may be started without them.
- A telephone number is required for the draw weekend to discuss and queries.
- The Regatta Committee reserves the right to make alterations to any of the above.
If you have any questions about entering, please contact the Regatta Secretary.